Thursday 8 January 2015

The nicer side of life

The only secrete stitching I did for xmas was for our online Friends in Stitching group's pressie swap.
I had to make for Kerri of Willow Grove Quilting. I chose a cute Gail Pan pattern and used a variety of Hugs 'n Kisses fabrics.
I really enjoyed putting this pattern together.

My gorgeous boy turned 18 on the 29th December, he was such a cutie when he was little.

Now he is so grown up and very independant
(This is Lachlan on the right with his cousin Matt)

Towards the end of my chemo session last week Helen arrived with a special delivery
a lovely quilt made by all my wonderful "Friends in Stitching"
I've snuggled under it quite a few times now and will take it to all my sessions.
I'm very lucky to have such a wide community of supporters, I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life.
Thank you to everyone who has emailed, left a comment and sent well wishes, it means so much x

10 comments:

Christine M said...

Your bag is gorgeous, Jo. Happy birthday to Lachlan. What a lovely quilt the girls made for you. Sending you hugs, Christine cc

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo love the bag you made Kerri,your boy sure is a handsome young man hope he has a lovely birthday.your new quilt is beautiful and made with love for you,take care Jo.xx

Deb said...

Hi Jo, you do look wrapped up in lots of love with your quilt. What wonderful friends. Love the bag you made, it is really sweet.
Take care Miss Lilly Pilly, don't over do things.xx

Cathy said...

I love the bag you made for the swap, Very pretty!! I'm pleased the quilt is giving you comfort Jo! Big hugs! X

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Beautiful bag Jo. I still adore the one you made me. Happy birthday do Lachlan (what a great name!).

Sending you lots and lots and lots of happy wishes. What a wonderful quilt to snuggle under during your treatments.

xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

You're a lovely lady and that quilt is testimony to it, sweetheart. God bless you each and every day as you journey your path with the love of many behind you. xxx

Connie said...

Hello Jo, I was just out blog surfing this morning and I landed here on your blog. I am also a quilter and stitcher. Your bag is lovely and the quilt that your friends made is so thoughtful; I am sure you feel a warm hug from each of them each time you cuddle up under it. Your post touched my heart and I just want you to know that you will be in my prayer tonight; I am adding you to my prayer list.
God bless you and your family,
Connie :)

Unknown said...

Nice Post. I Like Your Post.

Buy Generic Bactrim Online

Dawnie said...

What a gorgeous quilt Jo, those girls did a truely a,axing job. Such a special friendship. Have been thinking about you and hope you are doing well

Dawnie said...

Oh forgot to say what a great bag am sure Kerri loved it,